Hen or Rooster??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ShelleyAV, Aug 7, 2011.

1. ShelleyAV

ShelleyAV New Egg

Mar 30, 2009
    Nelson
  2. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

I'm leaning towards roo. Feathers look rooish, can you get a better picture of the comb and wattles?

3. ShelleyAV

ShelleyAV New Egg

Mar 30, 2009
    Nelson
    Thanks, I'll try and get better photos today.

4. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Rooster

5. ShelleyAV

ShelleyAV New Egg

Mar 30, 2009
    Nelson
  6. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I vote Roo as well. Is he an Easter Egger? If so, he will be more difficult to sex until he's older.

7. ShelleyAV

ShelleyAV New Egg

Mar 30, 2009
    Nelson
    Thanks you, yes "he" is an Easter Egger and has been a real puzzle to me. I have others that are obviously hens and roosters but this one.....I was just not sure.

8. CityChickens2011

CityChickens2011 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2011
    If you want to have all your babies pictures here you can add them to your account on the uploads page.

Add your pic to computer.
    Go to Uploads in the blue menu bar at the top.
    When you get to your page "browse" for the pic that you want and click on it, I usually have to double click on the pic.
    After it uploads it will have a size (usually it is one the largest one) choose the size you want and click on it. (the thumbnail will enlarge on the post if the reader clicks on it)
    Wait a few seconds to a couple mins, depending on the size of file. [​IMG]
    Once it is approved (At this time I usually add the rest of my photos that I think might help or that I want to use by repeating the above steps) you can go to post/compose.
    When you want to insert a photo go to the uploads (it will probably open another tab) and choose your photo. click the bottom one (that's the one I use) right click and copy.
    once you have chosen your photo click the tab for forum and paste link on page.

Hope this helps. [​IMG]

You also have to reply or post at least 10 times to upload a photo to this area I think. After that, I believe you get 10mb of storage. [​IMG]

Not an expert and just letting you know how I did it. After getting the pics uploaded it is really simple to do.

9. ShelleyAV

ShelleyAV New Egg

Mar 30, 2009
    Nelson
    Thanks for the picture info, I'll have to work on some uploads when I get to the magic 10 posts [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  10. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I think it's a roo. You can just see the start of the drapey saddle feathers coming in by his tail...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by