Hen running our garden

Kk Augy

Songster
Mar 13, 2021
Irland
My hen Martha digger love digging as you mostly know.shes been flying out somehow or finding holes and running out garden!she ate .my walks and my mother's herbs...she isn't picki on food so she eats everything nothing can stop her...she's been digging holes, dust bathing , eating herbs, spreading her poop around ...she doesn't let us in the garden she runs to us cooking agressevly ...she is even building a nest in the garden!my mom is threating me she will once land on a plate if she continues...I patched all holes checked the roof ... nothing...what will I do!!!???

Had a bantam hen.. one of my first hatchlings and escape artist extraordinaire. Tackled her a couple times and put her back.. She finally made it across the street to a neighbor who raised fighting cocks.. Sure she ended up on the dinner plate.. and I tried. Small target and old tackler.. The best you can do is up your security.. I thought I had it beat.. even net over run, but had a cat that found a way in even.. boy was she sorry. Spent four days on a shelf and wouldn't move but six feet to tinkle on my stuff.. didn't think she was going to make it.. She did.. the bantam didn't. Bird brains may be small, but mine will tunnel under the fence.. I use firewood, rocks, bricks on both sides of the fence to discourage them.. Sometimes they just move them.. vigilance is required..

Alright all fenced up...she still finds a way in..half of my herbs are gone!
Well, get rid of her.. Sorry she is the smartest of the flock, but your vittles are more important. Grill her as a final offering to the chicken gods.. Barbecue sauce or just crispy chicken legs, my personal favorite. Depends on how you are feeling at the time.. Variety is the spice of former life.. You'll get there, I much sooner and yet may outlive yous, Bernie.

Something like this but instead of wood on top I've got wier with low voltage power as cows also brake out a

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-083235.png
    Screenshot_20210425-083235.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom