Hen, Runny poo, hen not moving much, Worms? Help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kalim1993, Aug 20, 2010.

1. kalim1993

kalim1993 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2010
    Uk, Lancashire, Preston
    Hi, for a couple of weeks now my hen has been doing runny poo's, and alot of them, she's been drinking lots of water. she looks very poorly, and sits there all day closing her eyes mostly alot today, I dont know whats wrong, what could i do for her?

Help required urgently.
    Thank you

2. mpwjaa06

mpwjaa06 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2009
    Long County
    Someone else found this website it's pretty graphic. But, I hope this helps here is the website http://chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0 Also if it's really hot or have been really hot then your hen may have had a heat stroke. I wish you the best and your hen too.

3. farmerfran

farmerfran Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2010
    It is hard to say what might be ailing her with what you know for now. But, when I realize one of mine is not keeping up my first attention goes to her nutrition! If she is not eating she will not get better! Make her some scrambled egg with vitamins and any additives you think would support her. people use many different things...homeopathic things, yogurt, fruits, electrolites, bugs/worms... when you have a good idea about her eating/drinking then you can turn your focus to her output...the poo tells a lot about their health! Do you have any other ailing chicks??

4. kalim1993

kalim1993 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2010
    Uk, Lancashire, Preston
    Hii, guys thanks for the replies, and the link to the poo's, i dont know if it is because they are hot, as it rains here most of the day in the UK, the other hen she is living with is perfectly fine nothing wrong with her. I've seen some other forums to give her some garlic in water I just tried that now, and shes drinking the garlicy water.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by