Hen seems depressed

DeniseMPF69

In the Brooder
May 1, 2022
My hen had bare skin due to the rooster so I put a apron on her and the rooster attacked her and she kept herself in the coop away from the rooster and the other hen. We took the apron off in hope she starts to be herself. She has stopped laying eggs and I am worried.

It seems the rooster and other hen have abandoned her … the rooster is just mean and attacks.

What can I do?

Kill the rooster. Hes mean. Too many out there peopel give away to put up with a bad one. Or get more hens . Either way that hen is doomed, she aint welcomed anymore, hes gona keep tearin her up .

and yes i said kill it, don’t pass it along to some other individual to take your problems. News flash. Anyone who says they will take a mean rooster and can fix it .. they mean just that. Fix it for supper!!

Not a good ratio of rooster to hens unfortunately. Your hens will get injured. Do you have enough space to get a few more hens?
Yes we have a coop for 12 chickens and have 5 chicks … but it will still be a while to go. We have a covered run … plenty of space.

Should we put the hens in the chicken house and leave the rooster outside in the run? It is covered and safe from predators..

Yes we have a coop for 12 chickens and have 5 chicks … but it will still be a while to go. We have a covered run … plenty of space.

Should we put the hens in the chicken house and leave the rooster outside in the run? It is covered and safe from predators..
I guess that could be a short-term solution. Not sure how big your hen-house is. I know my girls would hate being stuck in the hen-house all day.

Back
Top Bottom