1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hen standing around and watches her feet when she walks.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Mickey Lou 04, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Mickey Lou 04

Mickey Lou 04 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2013
    I have a 4 year old hen, that when I let them out this morning that I diddn't notice anything different but a little later I noticed her standing all fluffed up and she didn't come running when I had the treats. She did come part way but when she did she walked really slow and watched her feet as she walked. I know they do sometimes just stand around but she was watching her feet when she walks which baffles me. Now earlier one of the birds had a rope stuck on her foot and I grabbed it and she struggled trying to get away, I thought it was a different hen but it could have been her as they look similiar and that birds shot off like a rocket after I got the rope off.

I can't think of anything else to add as I just discovered it.

Oh and I do have birds in quarantine that I am treating for upper respiratory but they have never had contact and I have been really careful not to contaminate anything.

I may have jumped the gun as fall is arriving but I wanted to be safe rather than sorry.

Thanks in advance,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by