Hen STILL not laying

Hanathehappyhen

Songster
6 Years
Jan 2, 2018
Nicasio CA
My 2 yr old hen hasn't been laying lately. It's late February almost March and still no signs of possible laying.Last year around this time she was doing perfectly fine.other than that she seems healthy and is eating,drinking,pooping,etc.Does anyone no any possible reasons for this? If you do please tell me since I'm getting a bit worried for her.

A two year old not laying right now is not too concerning. Last year she was a first year layer and less impacted by the change in daylight hours. Older girls generally need 12-14 hours of consistent daylight to trigger production and most areas aren't quite there yet

Hi, I have the same issue, 2 RIR, 1 BR, and 2 Leg horns, and 3 wyandottes, none have laid an egg in over a month. It may be closer to months.

We have had horrible cold in MN since December. It seems most days are like 10 degrees high and most nights below zero for a low. I think two days have been above 35 since January, most days not even close.

I have a couple lights and close them up to stay warmer, still nothing, they eat fine, drink, talk, etc. Last year I did not have this issue either with my wyandottes and leghorns, it slowed down but I still got eggs in winter, my RIR and BR are coming on one year old this April so I was still hoping for eggs this winter.

Anyone have any tips or experience seeing one to two months of no eggs from their birds in winter?

Back
Top Bottom