I was sitting with my girls and saw my light brahma hen peck at something and noticed it was a tiny screw (like the size of a tack) before I could grab it she pecked it again and swallowed it. I'm so sad and frustrated. I woke up to a dead hen in the coup yesterday morning, such a sweet amazing buff orpington... I think she had a heart attack or was spooked and fell and broke her neck as there was no sign of disease, egg bound, good poisoning etc.... Now this with my light brahma. I had 4 hens now 3 and I'm sooooo worried I could lose her too. I know there's not much I can do.... But any words of experience with this type of thing would be helpful... Has this happened to anyone and their hens passed it or I read it can sometimes just sit in the crop... But over all my question is, is it most likely this will puncture her crop and she will die.