Hen Swollen Foot - Help (image)

SilkieWiki

Hatching
9 Years
Dec 14, 2010
I've been away for a while, and today when i went down to let my chickens free range i noticed one of my hens with a swollen foot. Shes walking on it fine and her habits are the same as usual, but she has this weird growth on her foot. One of my light Sussex roosters had bumble foot a while back but it looked alot different to what my hen has. The infection is kinda fluidly and fleshy rather than scaly.

Bottom

Any advice would be appreciated.

That is bumblefoot - search for it on this forum and you'll find some good threads on treating it. Good luck!

ETA... guess you've already treated it. This is the same thing.
hmm.png

Last edited:
ok thanks guys, ill get right onto it now. I've never had a hen with bumble foot ontop of the foot so it came off as a bit weird. Anyways thanks alot

k did the treatment, bit of puss and stuff. Motherhen wasn't happy but she calmed down soon after. Anyways thanks for your help.

Wow! I would never have guessed that that was Bumble foot. I would have guessed a bug bite or thorn.... Shows you what I know and how helpful this forum is!!!! Can you please post an update in a few days and let us know ow it all turns out? Thanks!

she had the bumble foot scab on the bottom of the foot (tiny as though), looked like she cut it on a thorn or something. But with the big infection i lanced it open and a bit of fluid not much puss. put a bit of benadine and gave her some of the roosters old bumble foot anti biotic, and wrapped it up. Hopefully it will subside soon and she will get better.

Back
Top Bottom