hen walking like a Turkey

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by vintagemomma, Aug 27, 2013.

1. vintagemomma

vintagemomma New Egg

Aug 27, 2013
    California
    My Sisters Hen Is Only A Little Over A Year. We Thought She Was Egg Bound, But She Finally Laid A Weird Shaped Large Slightly BleEdy Egg. We Have Bath Her, And MaSsaged Her. But Now Its Worse.
    She NoW Not Only Labored Breathing, Walks Slowly, And Sits Instead Of Stand To Eat.
    She Know Won't Run, Barely Walks, She Holds Her Wings Out Like A Puffed Up Turkey, Super Wobbly, Is It The Eyp I Have Seen Others Have Posted About?
    Is She To Far Gone For AntibioticS?

It Seems Like It Started After We Changed Food, But She IS The Only One Effected(Out Of 6)

We Wouldn't Be Brave Enough To Poke Her With A Needle. These Are OUr First On OUr Own With Out OUr Grandma. And The Last Time We Had ChickIes Was About 14 Plus Years Ago. So We Have OuR Hen Training Wheels Back On.

Any Advice Is appreciated. :)
    Sorry For The Wonkie Text My Phone Doesn't Like MoBile Web Text :/

2. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    im guessing shes egg bound. give me a couple minutes and ill get you some links to explain it and what to do about it.

[​IMG]

3. vintagemomma

vintagemomma New Egg

Aug 27, 2013
    California
    She's Been This Way All Month :(

4. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    ok, if its a month i dont think its egg binding. it may be a combination problem.

did she start loosing feathers about a month ago?
    if yes, did weight loss happen shortly after?
    did she keep eating, but not energetic?
    did comb and wattles go pail?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by