Hen walking sideways

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Kendrean, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Kendrean

Kendrean New Egg

Jul 8, 2013
    I need some advice. I've been here searching for hours to try to figure out what is happening to my RIR hen. Yesterday she was walking around like she was drunk. She would take her head and start walking but her feet would cross over and go the other way. Then she'd walk straight. She is eating, drinking, pooping and laying normally. No loss of feathers other than the rooster tracks. She is vocalizing how miserable she is in quarantine. She is about a year old now. I have put electrolytes in her water and some antibiotics too. I am so confused as her symptoms don't really fit the normal descriptions.

2. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

My silkie does the same thing I'm not sure what the problems is either, she does it after a dust bath and also when she's not taking dust baths, sometimes she sways her head around I always thought it was because she couldn't see well ( because silkies have a puff of feathers on their heads that probably block their vision).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by