HEN WAS ATTACKED...HELP!?!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by I HRT YARDBIRDS, Jul 4, 2016.

1. I HRT YARDBIRDS

I HRT YARDBIRDS Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2015
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My hen Inmate was attacked & Spice Girl #3 was killed. She's eating, drinking & is alert. My 2 concerns are - #1 her beak is off set. #2 she has wounds on her back. I have Duramycin - 10 would that help? If so I've seen 2 different doses.. 1 tsp per gallon or 2 tsp per gallon? I have been cleaning her wounds with Saline water & putting triple anti-biotic ointment on them.
    (LACK OF FEATHERS ARE DUE TO ROOSTER)

Any and all suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated!!

2. BoomChickaPop

BoomChickaPop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2016
    Relaxing with my Buns
    I suggest putting RAW honey on her wounds. I put raw honey on any wounds on any of my birds. And they start healing up so fast!
    I would put raw honey on her wounds and try to cover them with a bandaid or something, to keep the wound clean.(which is hard to do on a chicken)
    I have a chicken who is a silkie mix, one day a mean chicken pecked her puffy head almost off! I put raw honey and a bandaid on her head. And the next day her puffy head was already healing and looking so much better.

Take my advice and use Raw Honey! Cause it is natural, safe and very effective.

BCP

3. BoomChickaPop

Jan 24, 2016
    Relaxing with my Buns
  4. I HRT YARDBIRDS

May 26, 2015
    Awesome! I didn't even think about that! I do believe I have some as well! I have one of those self stick ace bandages would that work? Should I rinse the antibiotic ointment off first? So would you give her the Duramycin-10?

5. BoomChickaPop

Jan 24, 2016
    Relaxing with my Buns
    I have never heard of Duramycin-10 sorry.
    I would rinse off the ointment before you put on the natural stuff lol
    I would love to know how it goes like before and after pictures

BCP

1 person likes this.
  6. I HRT YARDBIRDS

May 26, 2015
    Ok thanks! I'll let you know how it goes thanks! I'll get a few pics!

7. I HRT YARDBIRDS

May 26, 2015
    I tried bandaging it, she freaked! Fell on her side and was standing on her wing. So no bandage for her, she still has honey on it thought.

8. BoomChickaPop

Jan 24, 2016
    Relaxing with my Buns
    That's ok
    Just make sure that the honey is on her! How does she look today?

BCP

9. Yoako

Yoako Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2015
    If you want to calm her down ( for future reference) keep a firm grip on her and carefully flip her on her side, put a towel over her head. She should stay pretty calm. It's all so a good idea to talk to her gently.
    Good luck! And keep us posted:caf

10. Yoako

Yoako Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2015
    If you want to calm her down ( for future reference) keep a firm grip on her and carefully flip her on her side, put a towel over her head. She should stay pretty calm. It's all so a good idea to talk to her gently.
    Good luck! And keep us posted:caf

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by