Hen who is breathing through mouth and wheezing

jelena newell

In the Brooder
Feb 26, 2017
Atchison Kansas
I have a hen that is wheezing and breathing through her mouth. She has been picked on and her tail feathers have been pulled out. She has been pretty healthy but I pulled her out of the flock and put her in a crate outside the coop. I gave her olive oil and water but no changes. She does not leave the coop nor do any other chickens. She has clear eyes and clear nose no swelling of face. She coughed a few times that I know of. I have never had a sick chicken before.. she is still fysty.

Greetings from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy you joined us but sorry to hear about your sick hen. I don't really know what advice to give but the folks in the following link may be able to help - give as much detail as possible - and best wishes!! https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Last edited:
G’Day from down under Jelena
frow.gif
Welcome!

I am sorry to hear that your girl might be unwell. As recommended by redsoxs, definitely post on the ER Forum; the experienced folks on there should be able to assist.

Best wishes to you and your girl, I hope she recovers well.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Nice to meet you Jelena, hope you will enjoy BYC as much as we do. I hope the ER folks can help with your hen. Does she have any nasal discharge?

welcome-byc.gif

Sorry to hear your girl seems to be under the weather. I hope you get some answers from the members on the ER forum.

Best wishes!

Back
Top Bottom