Hen with a lump in her throat

annmarie

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
I posted this problem about a month ago, when I first noticed it, and no one on BYC that day could figure it out. Although my hen shows no sign of illness or discomfort whatsoever, this is still kind of bothering me, so I was wondering if anyone has any insight as to why my barred rock suddenly developed this lump in her neck, or is this lumpy neck normal for BR's? Since she's the only BR I have, I suppose I can't rule out that possibility. The only thing I can think of, now that it doesn't seem to be an illness (since it's been there so long and she still seems perfectly healthy) is that perhaps she swallowed something and it's stuck in there? Or could it be a tumor? Has anyone seen anything like this? Here's a picture:
4981_img_0340.jpeg

I noticed during the cicada season when we were feeding the little guys to our chickens...they loved them... that the chickens necks would show a swelling. I got worried at first but then soon realized they they were just getting a full belly. Hope that all that is wrong with your chicken. Nothing better than a full belly, you know?

my hen is a bantham , white and 20 wks old approx. she has a huge lump on rht side of throat that look\s like a tumor it is puffy like it has fluid

Back
Top Bottom