Hen with fever, stumbling, green poop

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by OkapisRule, Jan 27, 2013.

1. OkapisRule

OkapisRule Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2007
    Northern georgia
    I put up a post earlier about my hen who couldn't stand up, but I've got some more info now. She isn't eating or drinking much, if anything, she is very warm, her comb is much paler than usual, and we have recently noticed green poop in the cage we're keeping her in. We just got some electrolytes which we are putting in her water, but do you have any other tips?
    Thanks.

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I recommend that you worm her with either valbazen or safeguard.

3. The Mother Hen

The Mother Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    I had a female hen (she was a runt) die because of this symptom because I was too late to catch it. She is...was my favorite hen and now I have a rooster that has the same sickness. He is drinking but not eating. Is there a holistic way I can cure him of worms? I want to do it naturally rather than through chemicals.

I have been putting essential oils in his water and food, but is there any other way I can de-worm him?

4. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Mother hen you can try vermex. It's all natural herbs. Some swear by it while others have a different opinion. Check out vermex for chickens online and see what YOU think. It's widely used in the UK as a All Natural wormer. In fact in the UK they give a fecal test free to prove effectiveness of the product. As I mentioned some swear by it others don't but it's surely worth a try. You can order it off Amazon. Com if your interested. I'm considering trying some myself and see what I think. Hope this is helpful

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by