Hen with milky white poop!

malarathon

Hatching
Mar 29, 2020
HI,

I'm new to this group! I noticed in my flock a couple of days ago a hen had a white milky vent and it was stuck in her feathers. I also noticed that her vent was inside out! I separated her from the rest of the flock and gave her apple cider vinegar and probiotics. Now, three more hens have the same problem. So, not I'm not sure what the problem could be...need help! Thanks

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1150.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1150.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 13
  • thumbnail_IMG_1154.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1154.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 10
HI,

I'm new to this group! I noticed in my flock a couple of days ago a hen had a white milky vent and it was stuck in her feathers. I also noticed that her vent was inside out! I separated her from the rest of the flock and gave her apple cider vinegar and probiotics. Now, three more hens have the same problem. So, not I'm not sure what the problem could be...need help! Thanks
Pictures would be most helpful here...

Welcome to BYC. I agree pictures of the vent would be helpful. It sounds like she might have a prolapsed cloaca. White is usually urates or kidney wasted. They can become dry and caked sometimes. I would separate the hen so that she is not pecked by the others. Is she drinking and eating? Is she passing droppings?

I attached photos! I also, separated her from the flock the other day. Now three other hens are having the same issue!

Thank you

Check for lice moving around under the belly, since their could be some white lice eggs. The second picture looks like the chicken has been pecked around the vent, and that can cause damage and leaking white urates. I would soak her in warm soapy water after looking for lice, and apply some plain Triple Antibiotic Ointment twice a day. Look for overcrowding, the protein level in your feed, boredom , or not getting outside to roam as possible causes.

Back
Top Bottom