autumnfield

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2022
Help!!! My Rhode Island Red Bantam has sour crop. How can I help her? Will it go away on its own?

I noticed that she was being really sad today (not eating, standing/sitting around, etc) and I felt that her crop was really squishy and fluid-like. Earlier she threw up a little bit of yellowish fluid on my hand when I was putting her back down after checking her crop which was akin to this technique I saw for helping her get the fluid out, but I read that it hurts/it’s uncomfortable so I probably won’t try to do it on purpose again.

Are there any at-home remedies for sour crop in the case that it won’t go away on it’s own? Is this a time-sensitive situation??

Help!!! My Rhode Island Red Bantam has sour crop. How can I help her? Will it go away on its own?

I noticed that she was being really sad today (not eating, standing/sitting around, etc) and I felt that her crop was really squishy and fluid-like. Earlier she threw up a little bit of yellowish fluid on my hand when I was putting her back down after checking her crop which was akin to this technique I saw for helping her get the fluid out, but I read that it hurts/it’s uncomfortable so I probably won’t try to do it on purpose again.

Are there any at-home remedies for sour crop in the case that it won’t go away on it’s own? Is this a time-sensitive situation??
You can use caneston cream (ladies thrush cream) not sure where you are in the world, but this is what I use in the Uk. 1 inch long from the tube, for 5 days, morning and night. Sour crop is a yeast infection
https://www.thehappychickencoop.com/sour-crop/ hope this helps. Also the article says no water and no food. I would always have water available so they don’t dehydrate.

How did your bantam do after treatment? I have a cochin bantam hen with the same symptoms

Back
Top Bottom