hen with white crust on her eyes

ekreynolds

Hatching
Jan 28, 2016
Several days ago my White Brahma began acting oddly...sat on the roost, wouldn't forage. I noticed she would not open her eyes...she could if I startled her, but otherwise wouldnt. Consequently, won't eat, drink ,forage. I separated her. On day 3 I noticed a small white spot on the skin just above her eye...that spot has now grown to cover her eye...and spread to the other eye. I have tried antibiotic eye oinyment, VetRx, and Tyan 50 antibiotic. I hate to watch her suffer...any suggestions. Picture below

How long has she been on the Tynan 50.? Are you giving her injections? it's not likely she will eat or drink medication. if this is a VIRAL infection, which, sadly I suspect it is, antibotics will NOT work. Have you checked her breathing? is she wheezing? Does she have a runny noze?sneezing? MAKE SURE you separate her from your others and if she is not eating or drinking you might consider tube feeding. what are her other symptoms? please list. it looks to me like a possibility that this is respiratory.are the eyes the only issue or is her breathing labored?

Yes...I separated her immediatley. She has been on tylan for 4 days...no improvement. .in was injecting it. Breathing is fine. No sneezing. No wheezing. Really...looks & sounds perfectly healthy except for her eyes....and of course being blind she is not eating or drinking...or moving. She even laid an egg 2 days ago?

Back
Top Bottom