Hen won't eat pellets, now really skinny

Kangqiujie

Hatching
Jun 9, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have an exchequer leghorn hen who is 3 years old. She's always been fed on layers pellets, but recently has stopped eating them. I didn't notice at first because she still eats the treats that we occasionally give them. When I saw her looking a bit lethargic I wormed all the hens. But a couple of weeks later she was still looking droopy and lethargic so I had a closer look and discovered she is bone thin. As an emergency measure I fed her half a weetabix in milk, which she scoffed. I did that for 3 days, and she perked right up, but as soon as I stopped she went back to being lethargic. Her crop is always flat (except when I've just given her weetabix!) I have put garlic and/or apple cider vinegar in their water quite often. It seems she just won't eat pellets, but will eat other things. Any ideas?

Mine won’t touch oyster shells either. There is feed out there with oyster shell in it and it’s real fine so they don’t notice Or you can gring your is smaller. Maybe try her on crumble. Mine stopped eating their pellets and switched to crumble and they loved the switch. But def post a pic and check her dropping and check any other symptoms

Back
Top Bottom