Hen won't move

Scullys Hen

Hatching
Apr 23, 2020
I Have a one and a 1/2 year old hen that has not laid a solid egg since I've had her. I got her from a family in September of last year. I have tried to give her calcium and broken eggshells to remedy this. Now this morning she is just sitting in the run when I let everyone out. I went and grabbed her, which she normally does not let me get close to her. Then when I picked her up I checked her vent there was no egg or anything wrong looking but she puked water on me. So I took her outside of the run and emptied her crop a little bit, because it felt a little full. After that I took and drip some water on her beak to give her some water and she just sat right back down. Please help in New to chickens and she was one that I got as a pair of my 1st chickens. I want to help her😥

Vitamin Deficiency
Vitamin deficiency is The most common. Symptoms can include: lethargic, not walking, not using legs at all, crawling. To treat a vitamin deficiency make a chicken smoothie blend up cucumbers, gatorade, and any other vitamin rich vegetables or fruits give as much as you can to them every day until it’s gone and you don’t need the whole bottle of Gatorade just like a quarter of a bottle of Gatorade or however much you want. Then you can buy vitamins to put in their water for chicks and chickens or if you want to put it in their food what I used when I had a chick with a vitamin deficiency was poultry booster that you can buy from tractor supply or amazon two months or older use the Full dose younger use half a dose. Until they start walking when they start walking just monitor them and you can keep giving them vitamins if you want but after they start walking they are pretty much good to go.

Back
Top Bottom