1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Henny Penny's Progress [PIC HEAVY!]

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ShelterGirl, Jul 25, 2011.

1. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Here are quite a few pictures from HP's second outside adventure so far. We are still positive that she may have an egg broken inside of her that refuses to dissolve, and she threw up water once while outside, but she was out doing her best to enjoy the sun. She was scratching through the dirt and we had a very curious visitor. Little Cracker Jr. decided he wanted to come check her out then got upset because he couldn't get through the wire so he charged at it. It scared her a little so I eventually just had to shoo him away about 20 TIMES!

Please enjoy the pictures and YES she is still healing so the wounds look pretty nasty. But she is looking so much better and getting her feathers and skin back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And in this one you can see just how good she has healed!
    [​IMG]

Tell me what you think?

2. CountryBumpkin2011

CountryBumpkin2011 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2011
    Aurora, CO
    Oh poor girl! Can I ask what happened to her?

She looks like a trooper though...GO HENNY PENNY![​IMG]

3. ShelterGirl

ShelterGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Quote:She was attacked by a dog in late June and has been with us almost a MONTH in this long healing. Brought her home from the shelter on July 4th actually and we've had a hard time especially over the past weeks. No matter what happens though she's lived well with us and she has seen greener grasses, free of any dogs. She's learned to trust again though, not only with us but with dogs as well. She had to rehabilitate inside with one of the sweetest German Shepherds you'd ever meet- he loves all critters. And so she's not as uptight anymore.

Loves her "neighbor"- Pickles. Gotta let him grow before he goes outside. [​IMG]

Thanks for your kind words by the way, she HAS been a trooper. Has more will to live than many we've saved before.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    She's one tough gal!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by