Henny Penny's Update

ShelterGirl

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 3, 2011
Our lovely girl who was attacked by a dog pulled through the first week since the attack, marked yesterday. The shelter sent her home some more antibiotic spray, which is a blessing because I could only imagine having to purchase it. It runs somewhere between $12 to $22, maybe more depending on the veterinarian. She is eating more now and she has been drinking her antibiotic water, though she despises it =/

When she uses the bathroom, it's getting more solid and more often. It is looking normal and not so icky as it had been. Her craw is feeling much fuller! We do believe the possibility of a broken egg has passed because it's not watery and yolky as it had been in the earlier few days.

Little miss Henny Penny is getting even MORE fiesty now. I was told that this morning when my aunt when to clean her, she SNATCHED the cleaning gauze out of her hand and proceeded to throw it down, giving her that oh-so terrible "stink-eye".

Thank you to anyone following her story! I know some people may think this a strange cause but, if we don't, then who will? Don't be afraid to stand up for your chickens- they make just as good as companions as a cat or dog. BUT- can your cat lay an egg?
smile.png

I haven't really came out and said it, but let me say something that might make a bit more sense as to why this rescue is so special. If we didn't take her, there was a major chance that she would've been killed. They had asked why she was still alive, and I knew what was going through their minds. I promptly gritted my teeth after jokes of her looking good on a dinner plate and said, "When she pulls through, I am taking her."
Once she was set up in isolation, I TAPED a sticky note to her cage card and said that I was going to take her. I made it very clear that she was MY girl, and played a part in getting her cleaned in the afternoons when I came in. I tended to her, would talk to her, and tell her ALL about the three roosters that would have a fit when they saw her looking good.

She is important, as are her followers. If you don't think just keeping updated with her cause and wishing her luck is doing anything, think again. You are motivating our family and making us smile. We feel good about what we do because of the people that support us. Every time I see a new follower on her Facebook, it makes me have a good day. And trust me, working at a shelter usually makes me very ill-mannered at the end of the day.

To everyone- THANK YOU.

Cheyenne,

Henny Penny's momma

big_smile.png
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I just read about Henny Penny and I commend you for sticking up for this girl. And, no. Cats and dogs don't lay eggs! My chickens follow me around more than my yorkie!

I love success stories!
The story about the gauze pad is cute.
tongue.png

Silly birds and their fussing....and their love of being fussed over!
big_smile.png

Thanks arenea74- she definately is a sweet girl as is our baby, Pickles. Sticking up for her is just what I believe in- she is owed a better life and deserves more than the jokes or to be killed.

Back
Top Bottom