Henry's New Run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by JaciesCoop, Sep 26, 2007.

1. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    The coop was built as part of our out building. It's right out the back door next to the guest cabin. It measures 10 by 6. The original run measures 10 by 12 and has concrete ribbon all the way around. Chicken wire and hardware wire. It's inside our back yard.
    The coop has 2 windows, 3 doors (one into the new run).
    We recently just built another run out to the side for Henry the Roo. (white leghorn in avatar)
    And the coop is divided for him with a portable fence. When the girls get older it will all be open to everyone.
    The run is made the same way as the original run with a concrete ribbon, chicken wire and hardware cloth. Both runs are covered with chicken wire.
    It's easy to take care of and the chickens seem to love it.
    Lots of roosts and logs for them to jump onto.

Click on thumbnail for larger picture.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thats a very neat coop!!!

Its very organized too!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2007
  3. JaciesCoop

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Quote:

4. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Very nice,,,,it looks like you made good use of your space. I would love to have a coop I could stand up in! Someday.

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

FANTASTIC!! So neat and clean...and looks like a great place for Royalty chickens! [​IMG]

6. JaciesCoop

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Quote:That's good because my girls are all little princesses. LOL!
    And Henry thinks he's a king![​IMG]

Thank you Standard Hen. It is nice to be able to stand up in the run. Helps the ol' back.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by