Hens and eggs!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lynn52, Apr 2, 2017.

1. lynn52

lynn52 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2009
    Maine
    Hello everyone! I'm curious of what type of hens you have, when they started laying, and what their eggs look like! Pictures would be great!! I am raising EE, white leghorns, cuckoo marans, silver laced Wyandotte, light Brahmas, black sex link, and barred rock chicks now and curious to see what to expect!

2. WillGriffin03

WillGriffin03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2016
    Macedon Ranges
    Hi!

My chickens are:

3x Phoenix
    1x Silver Campine
    3x Plymouth Rock
    2x Speckled Sussex
    2x Cochin
    2x Blue Laced Barnevelder
    2x Blue Laced Splash Wyandottes
    2x Silver Dorkings
    1x SLW
    1x GLW

I have only brown eggs at the moment from the Barnevelders only, all the rest are creamy white. I'm getting a pathetic amount of eggs at the moment 2 a day! This is most likely because in Australia it's Autumn and that's when their moult occurs and they stop laying really well until spring and then we get broodies! Your Wyandottes will give you lovely chocolate eggs and the easter eggers will give you an array or green, blue and white eggs, the white leghorns will give you white eggs, the cuckoo marines will give you beautiful brown eggs, particular to the marines breed. the light brahmas egg colours will be light coloured eggs, the black sex link will give you light brown eggs, barred rocks will give you nice white eggs.

3. lynn52

Jun 2, 2009
    Maine
    That is wonderful!!! I'm so excited!! I can't wait to collect colorful eggs!

4. Serenity06

Serenity06 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2015
    South Alabama
    I have Wyandottes, Andalusians, EEs, Egyptian Fayoumi, a Silkie, and a Maran. Love having a variety of chickens and colorful eggs. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. lynn52

Jun 2, 2009
    Maine
    Such beautiful eggs!!! I'm so anxious for them to start laying! But we have a while to go!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by