Hens coughing!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by goatman303, Dec 28, 2014.

1. goatman303

goatman303 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2014
    I have a flock of hens at home and a couple of months ago some of them started to sneeze and cough. We managed to cure this by giving them Denegard. However this problem occurred again a couple of weeks ago but what we can't understand is they don't have any runny noses or bubblely eyes. So surely could not be mycoplasma.

Please tell us what you think is wrong with them.

Thanks, Ian.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  2. familypendragon

familypendragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Unfortunately, without getting an actual diagnosis there is no way to know. When I was trying to fight MG, Denagard was the only thing that helped. Not all birds have the same symptoms, in fact some had no symptoms at all. I have been putting this info page together of things I have learned in the last year. Maybe there is something that will help you. Good luck https://www.facebook.com/notes/pend...-helpful-poultry-information/1611694419054116

3. Gramma Chick

Gramma Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2012
    Jordan New York
    Do you have any mold in the coop or run ? do you have wet areas that may be molding ? Or have you changed to new bedding ? or straw ?
    Is the coop too draft proof ? any chicken poop / ammonia fumes ? they may need more ventilation ?

4. goatman303

goatman303 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2014
    Thanx that really helped :-D

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by