1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hens-- EE, blue Orp, Silkie, Marans in Colorado?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by coopncottage, Nov 8, 2011.

1. coopncottage

coopncottage Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2011
    Front Range
    We recently sadly lost 4 of our 7 hens and are looking for a couple of hens to add to our coop. We would like to add two young hens now, then two to three chicks in the spring, and both my daughters hope to start showing in 4H this year. We live about an hour north of Denver. We're really open to all breeds but mostly seeking LF and would love a blue orpington, easter eggers, marans, or Cuckoo Olive eggers. My 11-year-old daughter has said she'd like a silkie or frizzle to show in 4H, so we're just starting to explore that. Thanks! Debbie

2. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    coopncottage,
    If no one can help you email me and perhaps one of my relatives in the Denver area will help you out if they have something. They would have 4-Her quality birds in possibly TRUE Ameraucanas, TRUE Araucanas or many different colored PURE Orpingtons. These are not hatchery stock. Good luck, Harry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by