1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hens eye membrane swollen **pics**

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by VioletBlueIvy, Jun 22, 2011.

1. VioletBlueIvy

VioletBlueIvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    Hi Guys, this is my one year old Ancona hen that I have had about a month, her eye has looked like this since I got her. She has no sneezing, discharge ect. Eating an drinking

normal. No mites or lice either. I have noticed her eggs are smaller than the other Ancona I got with her, and they have little dimples like on a golf ball on the pointy end. I also

noticed the yolk color of their eggs is pale yellow, not the rich orange of my other hens. I figured that would change after a few weeks here, but it hasnt? I am just wondering if

anyone may have some thoughts? I couldnt find anything when I tried to search. Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Moochie

Moochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2010
    North Edwards
    I read something on here about this before! I'm sorry I'm only a bump but if only I could remember!! [​IMG]

3. VioletBlueIvy

VioletBlueIvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    Me too!Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by