1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

idk it could just be me, but her feet look weird to me, scales are raised. dirt gets under them. bets pics i could get. is there something wrong? or is it just me?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    I don't have any experience with it but, search byc for scaley leg mites. It looks like some pics I have seen on line.

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    They look like chicken feet. Chicken feet can be very dirty things.

4. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Is she acting funny or anything? Doesn't seem too alarming to me but you know your birds better than I.

5. stephanie1992

Quote:all my other chickens feets scales lay flat and dont look bumby like this. i look at her and something just dnt seem right. she had a few featehrs on her feet but i dnt really see them anymore. shes a cross. kinda looks EE but shes not an EE. i can put my finger nail under the scales. and one scale fell off. soo idk whats wrong

6. justbugged

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Okay then check for mites or any other type of buggy things. You may need to check deep into the crevasses of her foot. If you don't see any teeny tiny bugs, I would then recommend that you look up bumble foot here on BYC. I haven't had to deal with bumble foot so other threads will give you better advice on what to do. I hope this helps a little bit.

7. justbugged

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
  8. stephanie1992

Quote:ok thank u ill do that tomorrow when i go out there and if i can catch her. lol and the only thing i noticed werid about her is that she was really late laying. shes a year old and she just started laying last week. idk if that could be related to her feet. but ill do some research and check her feet out for bugs. thanks for the help

9. justbugged

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Are you Down Under? I ask because If I understand you should be in your spring just about now. It's not unusual for a hen to delay laying till their first spring. The number of hours of daylight, plays into laying. So she may just be right on track for laying. I have a number of pullets that I don't think will lay this year. They are all old enough now, but as far north as I am, I just don't have enough hours of light unless I supplement the light. I am planning to do add light, but I still am not certain that I will get eggs from all the hens until my spring.

10. stephanie1992

Quote:its fall here right now lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by