Hens just started laying a couple months ago.something wrong with vent?

37837D4F-F774-47C3-B9E4-EC2104BCF04A.jpeg

Update on how my hen is healing. Hard to tell but it looks a lot better.

It will go back in on its own. Pushing it in runs the risk of giving her an internal infection. Soak, wipe off sluffing bits of scabs. Add Vetercyn, witch-hazel in a water spray add honey over the area then sprinkle with sugar. AND Repeat. It should start to look like a mushroom cloud. as long as you see pink tissue under the scab it is still healing. I kept my girl in a dark place in a brooder. she laid three eggs during the course of almost two weeks. after the hard crusty mushroom scab fell of it went in on its own

It will go back in on its own. Pushing it in runs the risk of giving her an internal infection. Soak, wipe off sluffing bits of scabs. Add Vetercyn, witch-hazel in a water spray add honey over the area then sprinkle with sugar. AND Repeat. It should start to look like a mushroom cloud. as long as you see pink tissue under the scab it is still healing. I kept my girl in a dark place in a brooder. she laid three eggs during the course of almost two weeks. after the hard crusty mushroom scab fell of it went in on its own
She passed away yesterday:(. I don’t get how. She was doing so good :(

Back
Top Bottom