Hens keep squawking as early as 7 to 9 am??

Jo1705

Chirping
May 26, 2018
Every morning, all of my four chickens start squawking extremely loudly (i’ll place a video under this post). When i check on them if anything’s wrong they all have food and water and haven’t even laid eggs yet? I know this isn’t some kind of predator because this happens constantly every single morning? Is there anyway to prevent this as I live in a pretty dense suburb? Thank you1

Every morning, all of my four chickens start squawking extremely loudly (i’ll place a video under this post). When i check on them if anything’s wrong they all have food and water and haven’t even laid eggs yet? I know this isn’t some kind of predator because this happens constantly every single morning? Is there anyway to prevent this as I live in a pretty dense suburb? Thank you1
I cant figure how to upload a video but their squawk is like a loud bawk followed by a second of silence then another loud bawk; this squawk then just repeats for 2-5 minutes 👍

Not a chickens are quiet.
How old are they?
Some chickens flip out when a leaf drops or if a squirrel runs by.
If the noise is an issue you may have to let them out later from the coop.

My girls are very noisy in the mornings. It goes on until around noon. It's just part of the egg laying business. Even the girls that are waiting to lay start in with the squawking.
They are noisy. Period.
Are you permitted to have hens where you are?
How much space do they have?
If you want to post a video you need to first upload it to YouTube or Vimeo or some other online video platform then post a link here.

Not a chickens are quiet.
How old are they?
Some chickens flip out when a leaf drops or if a squirrel runs by.
If the noise is an issue you may have to let them out later from the coop.
sorry for the late reply but they are just over three years old now so they’ve seen a lot already

My girls are very noisy in the mornings. It goes on until around noon. It's just part of the egg laying business. Even the girls that are waiting to lay start in with the squawking.
They are noisy. Period.
Are you permitted to have hens where you are?
How much space do they have?
If you want to post a video you need to first upload it to YouTube or Vimeo or some other online video platform then post a link here.
it’s legal to have hens here and they’re in a 4x4 coop right now… i find out that sometimes they squawk really loud only to find them quiet once i go to them.. it’s interesting

Back
Top Bottom