Hens - many breeds - for sale in Central NJ

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by zoooteacher, Oct 16, 2007.

1. zoooteacher

zoooteacher Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2007
    Hey all - with a new (human!) baby due this winter, we aren't overwintering as many birds as we did this past year, so there are about thirty girls out on pasture looking for some new owners. They are mostly one year olds going into their first molt, and all have been excellent layers for us this past season. Lots of Rhode Island Reds, some Red Sex Links, White Sex Links, Barred Rocks, Buff Orps, Black Australorps, and a few cute mixes. All are $12 dollars a piece. We are a small family organic egg and veggie farm and our girls have had great lives so far - they would love some nice backyards to call home! We are located off of Route 33, and at TP exit 8, in Manalapan, NJ 07726. Thanks for looking, Shannon, Silver Forge Farm, website: http://www.silverforgefarm.com

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  2. thechickenfarmer

thechickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    Do you have any pictures? [​IMG]

3. dusty910

dusty910 Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2007
    CT River Valley
    Hey Shannon!
    Just wanted to let you know that I finally got my first egg from the 3 chickies (EEs) I got from you in the spring. It was so thrilling! [​IMG]

Also want to say what a wonderful little farm you have and how healthy and happy all your girls are. I can vouch that any hens coming from your place are worth the trip.

Congrats on the new baby,
    Robin

4. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm new at this and only have 3 hens and a roo (all 5 1/2 mos old). I am wondering if you've got any Easter Eggers for sale? I might be interested in a one or two and a couple of others. I like to mix it up, but only want about 7 or 8 all together, including Mr. Ed (my roo).

Colleen
    ps. I'm just up and across the Hudson River from you. [​IMG] About 1 1/2 hours.

5. pachickymommy

pachickymommy New Egg

Oct 28, 2007
    Hi there,
    I am newly registered to this site but have found it so informative and helpful these past 6 months of becoming a chicken mommy!! We started our journey with 2 chicks from a 4th grade project and 2 chicks we picked up when we bought feed for the first 2! Anyway, the first 2 ended up being Leghorn roosters while my other 2 ended up being Rhode Island Red hens. This past Wed. the roosters finally decided that they could not cohabitat together and we found a wonderful home for the more aggressive, aka Bobby Joe. We went and visited Bobby Joe today and while he has an awesome home, huge house, great owners, he is all by himself. The new owner is looking for hens for him and I want to help as I felt so bad for him (did I mention my chickens have become my babies?). So I wondered if you had 2 RIR that I may buy from you to give to the new owner to help make Bobby Joe happy. Also, any help you would have with guiding me to adding them to the house with Bobby Joe would be most appreciated.
    Thanks so much for "listening" to my rambling![​IMG]
    Kym

6. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Welcome pachickymommy!!!!!!!!

Glad you chose this site!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by