1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hens not laying (help)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bella123, Oct 7, 2010.

1. bella123

bella123 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I have 21 hens about a month ago I had been getting at most 12-16 eggs a day, about 2 weeks ago I added to my flock. I had them in different coops. The new ones are about 5 months old. They all free range now and I'm getting 2-3 eggs a day. No one looks like they are moulting? What could it be I'm going nuts, everyone is getting along great any advice any one can give me.

Thanks

2. loverOFchickens

loverOFchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    How's the weather? We recently had a major cold/rain spell and mine dropped egg production majorly.

3. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

I only have 7 girls and have only been getting 2 eggs a day for the last week or two? What's going on?[​IMG]

4. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    If they're freeranging they might be hiding nests. The older girls (if they're in the 15-18 month range) are probably getting ready to molt. They'll often slow way down/stop before they start looking naked. The shorter days will slow them all down too, but I'd start off by locking everybody in the coop/run for a week or so and see if you get more eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by