Hens or Hogs?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ScottN73, Oct 15, 2012.

1. ScottN73

ScottN73 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2012
    Madison, Ohio
    [​IMG]

Tonight we had extra pork, green beans, mac cheese, beats and apple sauce- The girls took it down in no time. 10 Hens and 10 eggs/day..... might be the evening time "pig out"!!

2. Choco Maran

Choco Maran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Ribera New Mexico
    My hens will pig out also iwhen give a treat, I better much give them most scrapes or leftovers. They get it once or twice a week depending on how much I have left over

3. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    I clean out the fridge into the runs all the time! [​IMG] They love it!

4. LOTSAGIRLS8

LOTSAGIRLS8 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2012
    FUNNY STORY. THE OTHER DAY MY GRANDAUGHTER CAME RUNNING IN FRANTIC. ONE OF THE CHICKENS WAS MAKING A HORRIBLE NOISE AND SHE WAS SURE IT WAS SICK. I WENT RUNNING OUTSIDE FEELING SO GUILTY. I JUST KNEW I HAD POISONED THEM. ( I FEED THEM LEFT OVER MC DONALDS ) WELL, EVERYTHING LOOKED FINE, THEY WERE JUST SCRATCHING AND CLUCKIN. A LITTLE WHILE LATER I WAS OUTSIDE AND HEARD THIS TERRIBLE NOISE COMING FROM THE RUN. I RAN OVER THERE AGAIN ,EXPECTING THE WORSE. NOTHING! I WAITED A FEW MINUTES AND MYSTERY SOLVED. PENELOPE HAD JUST DISCOVERED THAT HER REAL NAME SHOULD BE PETE AND SHE WAS PRACTICING HER CROW. SHE (HE) HASN'T QUITE GOT IT DOWN YET BUT IT'S GREAT FUN LISTENING TO HER PRACTICE. I'M GOING TO BE SAD TO SEE HIM GO, I CAN'T HAVE ROOSTERS.

5. catsbully

catsbully Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2012
    love it too funny!

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Mine also get all my kitchen scraps. I'm currently finishing hogs so your title caught my eye as I make that decision every day.......does this go to the hens or the hogs? Thankfully my husband in bringing home a lot of leftover food from his job (5 gallon bucket last night---yee haw!) so they can each have some!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by