Hens Or Roos? PLEASE HELP need to rehome soon pics included

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mrsfoote, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Mrsfoote

Mrsfoote Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    So we purchased some chicks this spring and I'm pretty sure they are roo's so I'm sad could so could someone help me out before i have tried to re-home them
    [​IMG]This is the first chicken in question aka Lucy Brahma
    [​IMG]This is the second chicken...Wolf brahma
    [​IMG]This is beastly EE??
    [​IMG] These two I'm almost positive are both roo's one is trying to crow...kind of pathetic tho both booted
    [​IMG] beastly again
    [​IMG] Here is another of Lucy standing and drinking Brahma

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. viktoriacl

viktoriacl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    What breed and age are they? Dont think they are all Roos but that info is helpful.

3. Mrsfoote

Mrsfoote Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    First one is a Brahma, Second no idea...was my sisters chick got left with it...the two small ones are booted and the black one is my sisters other chick i hate this bird with a passion all of the chicks are 16 weeks

4. viktoriacl

Jun 23, 2010
    No expert here but see lots of pointy neck feathers and curly tail feathers. Not a great sign. Maybe som EEs? The experts will let you know!

5. viktoriacl

Jun 23, 2010
    Other than the pointed neck feathers I'm going with Girl for Lucy. The other mulicolored ones I agree Roo. The black one...looks like a Roo body shape but not a huge red comb or wattle for that age so guess it would depend on the breed. Probablynot much help but its fun guessing.

6. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Give it a few more weeks, but I'd say at 16 weeks, the light brahma is a girl, buff brahma is a girl, black one is a girl, the booted bantams are both boys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by