1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Hens or Roos?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Kaybug137, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Kaybug137

Kaybug137 Songster

Apr 18, 2012
    Texas
    Alright I got two white silkies off craigslist, one of them reminds me of a rooster the way he or she stands, I already have a rooster really do not wanna get rid of any of them D: Also, it looks like they're loosing their fluff like balding, my older girls didn't go bald, like one of them their bottom is nearly completely bald, I need to give them a bath tomorrow, they're smelly and dirty I'll need it to warm up before I even give a bath.

Chick 1

[​IMG]

Chick 2

[​IMG]

And just alittle extra XP

[​IMG]

2. hdowden

hdowden Crowing

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    really they are to young but if one is bigger than the other i would say it maybe a cockerel since they tend to be bigger

3. Kaybug137

Kaybug137 Songster

Apr 18, 2012
    Texas
    They were all different ages 1 to 5 weeks I think. guess I'll find out if he is when I hear the first crow XD, hopfully someone will pitch in, below to help, thanks anywhoo, by the way, since I already have a rooster that is a RIR, and if they turn out to be roo's or stay hens or what ever, would he be alright around the RIR?

4. Agree

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by