Hens or roosters and breed question

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by daleerin, Feb 9, 2015.

1. daleerin

daleerin New Egg

Feb 6, 2015
    Hi, All.

Thanks for answering my last question so promptly. I appreciate it, although I'm sure the roosters will not! [​IMG]

Here's the rest of my little flock. Most are about 3 months old, a couple are about 4 weeks older.

C is definitely a rooster, I'm not quite sure what breed though.

I was thinking D & J - the white ones... were also looking a bit rooster-like? I was looking at their combs. I think they are mostly Silver Wyandotte, but with something else in there, possibly Australorp?

I think (hope) the rest are hens!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers. Thanks for this site, it's my go-to website for chicken questions[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  2. chooks4life

chooks4life Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    D and J do look very roosterlike, D for sure is male, but a better frontal pic of J would help just to be sure that J isn't a quicker developing pullet than the others.

The blotchy feathering on both does look very standard for males of that type of mix, though. Pullets of the same coloration tend to look very neat at the same age, well, throughout adolescence really.

I think you may have some Light Sussex in them, as well as who knows what else, maybe RIR.

Best wishes.

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    D, C, and J look like cockerels to me. Most of your flock seems to be made up of Production Reds (the reddish birds). D and J are likely Delawares or Columbian Rocks. C looks like an Australorp mix.

4. daleerin

daleerin New Egg

Feb 6, 2015
    Hi, close-ups of D & J attached :)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks!

Dale

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

6. chooks4life