hens picken"

stcath95

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 8, 2010
I have 9 Easter Egger's....14 months old-------just received a pair of 6 week old Coronation Sussex.....other chicks pecking at them....currently seperated in cage inside coop 8X10...will they adjust at this point..time tables?...build a new separate area......some EE will not go out of the coop building into 200 sg ft run...what about them.??....chain link fence under 6"dirt floor/chain link walls/chain link roof...leave coop door open 24/7....run 6 foot tall at back...drops to 4 feet on outside wall...{wish I had made it 6 foot tall all around}
10X20...THANKS for any feedback !! Kenny...looking for pair Silver Sussex !!!

?? You could use one of the "busy blocks"??????????????????? THey're like blocks of peckable grain. It helps keep them busy from pecking eachother????
hu.gif

got some mixed seed and crack corn...seems to be working...what could I use (EDIBLE)...to make my own block/brick ?

I would think the 6 week olds are pretty small to put with year olds. I have read here that you should wait to combine them until the new girls are about the size of the older ones. I know that is a problem, but otherwise the little ones are really vulnerable.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom