1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hens/Roos

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mon2405, Nov 23, 2016.

1. mon2405

mon2405 New Egg

Nov 23, 2016
    Hi everyone!

Please could you have a look at my photos and let me know if you think my new babies are hens or roos? I'm a relatively new crazy chook lady! :)

Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    1 person likes this.
  3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under mon2405 [​IMG] Welcome!

I would take a guess at the gender of your hens but it would be just that, a guess; I have enough trouble with my own half of the time [​IMG]

As CTKen suggests, try the 'What Breed or Gender' forum where they are lots of experienced people able to assist.

I hope you enjoy BYC; not only is it overflowing with lots of useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures about chickens, turkeys, duck, quail, Peas and pretty much any other feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. JaredCrue

JaredCrue Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2016
    Western New York
    My Coop
    Hello form Western New York! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neat chickens! [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. I would have taken a stab at IDing them but, the photos are too dark. Very little contrast between bird & background. If you could take new ones in natural lighting it should be a lot better to work with. The " what breed or gender is this," folks are very good but they can only work with what they see in photos.

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

CTKen has given you a good link for gender identification and drumstick diva makes a good point about the photos.

Good luck with your flock!

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, mon2405, and :welcome! Great to have you aboard! I concur with the above advice so I'll just say best wishes and thank you for joining our community! :yiipchick

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by