Hens that Just Started Laying - Milw, WI and surrounding

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by anthonyjames, Dec 29, 2009.

1. anthonyjames

anthonyjames Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Port Washington, WI
    I am looking for some hens that just started laying. Prefer a bird that lays creamy tan to brown eggs. No Leghorns.

Star Red
    Plymouth Barred Rocks
    Cochins
    Austrolaps
    Even EE's.

I am looking for 6 - 15 of them to add to my collection.

Anthony

2. Baybrio

Baybrio Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Poplar Grove, IL
    Hi Anthony,

I just have too many chickens and would love a BYC member to buy some extras. I planned on only keeping 15 hens and I have closer to 25.

The chicks all hatched either in early July (cackle hatchery) or early August (Ideal hatchery). I believe I am getting some eggs from the July girls now.

How many are you interested in? I have a few Black Australorps hatched in July, and Buckeye's I believe were from August, two faverolles/buckeye crosses that hatched here on the farm in July.

I live about 20 minutes south of the WI border in Illinois, I believe it usually takes us about an hour to get to Milwaukee.

Lydia

3. anthonyjames

anthonyjames Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Port Washington, WI
    Baybrio,

I would be interested in possibly 6 - 12 of them depending on the price you would be asking. I am in Port Washington, Wi which is 30 minutes north of Milwaukee. Would you be able to meet possibly 1/2 way and crate them? I would pay you for the job crating them. I know if you can find produce crates you can probably get 4 - 6 to a crate.

Please feel free to call me at 414-915-6788 and maybe we can work something out after the New Year.

Also, could you possibly send a few photos of some birds to [email protected]? I would like to let my girls pick out birds that they like and it makes them feel good to being 3 and 4.

Anthony

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  4. Baybrio

Jun 11, 2008
    Poplar Grove, IL
    Anthony,

I could meet you 1/2 way. I'll try and get some photos tomorrow and send them to you. I was having trouble getting photos off my digital camera but I believe I have that figured out. I'm not sure how much to ask, after you see the photos could you make an offer?

I'd be happy to crate them, that is if you mean put them in sturdy boxes with air holes. I have a relative that is mail order crazy and has a basement full of very useful potential crates!

My number is 815-547-0305.

Lydia

5. Baybrio

Jun 11, 2008
    Poplar Grove, IL
    Anthony,

I posted some pics on my BYC webpage.

Lydia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by