Hepl Please!!!!

Thezookeeper:)

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 31, 2010
I just lost some chickens to coccidious do I need to worry about my ducks. Most of the stuff I have read says no but I wanted some of your opinions too. we've only had chickens and ducks for a year now and I've never dealt with any of this before. Learn as you go I guess.
hu.gif

Thezookeeper:) :

I just lost some chickens to coccidious do I need to worry about my ducks. Most of the stuff I have read says no but I wanted some of your opinions too. we've only had chickens and ducks for a year now and I've never dealt with any of this before. Learn as you go I guess.
hu.gif

If the ducks are grown ups Probably not, they have been exposed to the strain of cocci that caused the coccidious in your chickens and should be either sick or immune. If you get new stock however you can not be sure that the new stock has ever been exposed to your strain and if you dispose of stock they will take your strain with them to the new flock. ducklings and chicks are the most likely to be affected as they don't hatch with immunity. You might want to do some research to find out how long your land will remain infested. Good Luck!​

Back
Top Bottom