Herbal De-Wormer?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ClareScifi, Jul 12, 2011.

1. ClareScifi

ClareScifi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Can anyone tell me where I can find an herbal de-wormer to buy in Salt Lake City, Utah, at a store?

Or does this stuff have to be ordered online?

Thanks in advance,

Clare

2. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

I have never found one in a store,. I live in Louisiana, and always had to buy mine online,.. but I don't even do that anymore,
    I buy a human herbal de-wormer in capsules. I mix 4-5 of them per gallon of water and give it for 3 days making a new mix for each day.
    I use a de-wormer with wormwood, walnut shells, garlic, pumpkin, fennel, clove and flax seed, and some other herbs.. We have been using it for 2 1/2 yrs on a free range flock,. checked and checked closely,...no worms.

I do have to say we also use DE in the feed a couple of times a year and in the fall raw pumpkin seeds.

I feed plain organic yogurt and put ACV in the water after the de-worming to put friendly bacteria back in their system.
    I know that many folks say natural doesn't work,.. but it does for us.
    Hope this helps. [​IMG]

3. ClareScifi

ClareScifi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Thanks for the good info, BayouPoules!

4. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

I should mention,. it does give them runny poop,.. also,.. I have one picky girl that doesn't like it and will only drink a little,. just enough to get by,.. so I separate her and giver her a slice of bread torn into pieces and soaked in the stuff and she gobbles it down,.. and I make sure has lots of regular water.

5. catterbug

catterbug Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    Ohio
    Thanks for sharing the info on the dewormer. I have been in search of a natural form for quite some time. I will have to add this list.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by