Here a painting, there a painting, everywhere a painting-painting...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by burntumber, Nov 18, 2008.

1. burntumber

burntumber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    Tuffoldhen- Here's your Light Brahma gang.

Same deal- Tuffoldhen doesn't want it, it's up for grabs, first come first serve. $25- price includes shipping. If no one wants it, that's okay, too. [​IMG] 16X20 canvas board, oils with raised texture. Signed, dated, titled. Will take about 2 weeks to dry for shipping.

My PM box is full- if you want to send a message, please use my email, instead. Or just post here- I'll be checking back. [​IMG]

Not the best pics- it's dark outside so didn't have any natural light from the windows to go by. Can't use a flash when photographing fresh oil paints- all you get is shiny glare!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    SOLD .. I sent you an e-mail.....

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    WOW that is a beautiful painting.

Henry

4. burntumber

Mar 26, 2008
    Got your email Tuffoldhen! Right back atcha! [​IMG]

Thanks very much, hcammack. [​IMG]

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

That's very nice! Lucky Sandy [​IMG]

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I think it's nice, I sent her a pic of my old Light Brahma and some of his hens. This is what she came up with, I'm very pleased!! My Christmas present to myself so I can remember him by.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  7. Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2008
    Northeast GA
    Quote:Your work is beautiful! Do you do commission work? I would love to send you some pics and have you come up with your interpretation of my girls.

[​IMG]

Dash

8. burntumber

Mar 26, 2008
    Thanks guys- commissions, yup. 16X20 for $25 includes shipping and smaller 8X10" for $15 includes shipping. I'm out of 8X10 canvas board at the moment- but I'll be able to pick up more this week.

I'm booked up until christmas for watercolor "people" commissions. But these oil chicken paintings are super fun- and only take a couple few hours to do. So I can take more of them. Other animals are fine, too. Also, usually I can move them on Ebay, so if the buyer doesn't want it, I can almost always find another home for it. And then, sometimes I keep them for gifts for folks. Then sometimes I just recycle the canvas board by painting over them. So no pressure for either party.

Sandy sent an super nice, exemplary photo for referrence - note the lighting. Dramatic lightly and shadows is a sure bet for a neat composition. [​IMG]

Please only email small files (> 70 KB, but <200 KB)- anything larger than 2 MB will take a solid half hour for me to download on my horrid dial up connection! [​IMG] Or just send a link to a webhosted photo. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    That is a nice one, burntumber. Congrats, Sandy.

10. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    You are very talented! Very very nice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by