Here a roo? There are roo? Everywhere a roo roo

ysart

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 3, 2014

I have 5 Rhode Island reds and 6 welsummers

Last edited:
With the RIR they look like mostly roos, the first two pics the ones with the heads sideways all three look like roos, the single pics, the last two roos, the middle pic might be a girl with a bigger comb... not sure how many of the pictures are of the same chicks... in the one with the Welsummers it looks like two females in the one pic.
With the Welsummers, the ones that are getting black chests are males, the girls get a rose colored chest, does look like at least three girls there hopefully, only one in the pic of the four has much comb.

With the RIR they look like mostly roos, the first two pics the ones with the heads sideways all three look like roos, the single pics, the last two roos, the middle pic might be a girl with a bigger comb... not sure how many of the pictures are of the same chicks... in the one with the Welsummers it looks like two females in the one pic.
With the Welsummers, the ones that are getting black chests are males, the girls get a rose colored chest, does look like at least three girls there hopefully, only one in the pic of the four has much comb.

Thank you for your help! Much appreciated will take more pics soon. Have just introduced them to their coop (aka my huge shed double glazing included! Ha ha) so am keeping them in for a few weeks so they get to know that's their home. Am introducing them to growers pellets (still mostly crumb) am I doing ok so far? Just bought red mite powder and some grit also.

Back
Top Bottom