Here are most of my coops.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by backyardchickenfarmer, Feb 6, 2009.

1. backyardchickenfarmer

backyardchickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    Toms river, New jersey
    heres the pop door for my new coop

[​IMG]

nest box

[​IMG]

food and water area

[​IMG]

inside view of pop door

[​IMG]

this is my egg layer coop houses

[​IMG]

heres the run

[​IMG]

heres my feed design(outside)

[​IMG]

inside view

[​IMG]

and it falls into a trough

[​IMG]

heres my grow out pen before they go into the big coop

[​IMG]

heres the door open

[​IMG]

and heres the window( it opens more but i couldnt find the stick that holds it up, its burried in the snow grrrrr)

[​IMG]

and to top it all of, both coops

[​IMG]

I will update when the time comes [​IMG]

2. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Looks good. How many chickens do you have?

3. backyardchickenfarmer

Jan 26, 2009
    Toms river, New jersey
    I have 10 layers in the layer coop [​IMG] , 5 bantams in the new coop. Keep the comments good or bad coming!

4. Blue_Myst

Blue_Myst Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Looks like a nice set-up. The feeder from the outside is a good idea, no more dodging and weaving through hungry chickens waiting for their breakfast!

5. themoorethemerrier

themoorethemerrier Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2008
    WNY
    Looks great! I love the feeder! I think I'll swipe that for our CR summer tractor! Thanks! [​IMG]

I noticed that you have the same problem as us with the bedding getting into the waterers. We got a plastic crate that lifted it a few inches above the bedding, (we layer our bedding pretty deep) so the clean out isn't as difficult! Just thought I'd share! [​IMG]

6. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

You could utilize wasted space in the small outside pen by adding perches:) They would love that, like a jungle gym for exercise and shade or sun bathing.

7. backyardchickenfarmer

Jan 26, 2009
    Toms river, New jersey
    Thanks "themoorethemerrier" that is a good idea, im going to put perches in the coop i just havent got there yet [​IMG] but do you meen in the run? or house part? i was going to put perches in both and i still have to make the door for the run.Its a work in progress [​IMG] i just neede to get the chicks out of there old pen because it was to small. I just put them in yesterday but they havent gone into the run yet. is that normal? they spent all there time in the house. do you think they will go outside when they get used to it?THanks keep the comments coming!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by