here are my barred rocks .. ladies??

lisaleedy

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 18, 2014
va
I got these chicks same time i purchased my Jg. They all are about 4 weeks. I have a roo suspect or pissibly another breed???
They all have bud spurs started but dont see any getting longer as of yet and isnt all he or she's have those? I was looking at one in pacticular the tail and wing just looks so different. Ill post it first as first picture. All had the dark leg wash. Some time back when i wad little an okd timer said hens have the V sahpe tails and roos all from dock?

#1 roo hen or other breed? This one feathered and was bigger out of group.Notice pink combs and tail makes a V shape and no bars just white tips.

You can also see the patch of wing where there is no banding just tipped.

Notice bird under the questionable bird has the bars on tail.

Please leg me know what ya think.

Last edited:
The birds with combs turning red and little red wattles appearing under their beaks are males.

The females won't show any red combs and wattles until 12-14 weeks. Over the next two weeks, the combs will get redder and redder and the wattles show more length and redness. You've a mix of males and females which is what one would expect. Spur buds are no indication of sex.

These are hatchery or feed store birds?

Last edited:
They also feed store group same group i fidnt ask about straight run.. lol so what about my odd ball? Is it same breed? The othrr too just look so different.. im gonna post next coupke weeks the one with redest comb then.

update on a few pictures

i think i put all the same bird down i was just taking pictures to see their progress.

Back
Top Bottom