Here are my feathered kids out in the yard...PIC HEAVY***

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chicken_china_mom, Sep 17, 2009.

1. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I went out with the camera yesterday and I got lots of new pics of my chickens running around in the yard. I just wanted to share some of the pics of my birds and my kids with the birds.

Here is my daughter Emily with her Silkie girl Holly:

[​IMG]

Here are some of my birds scratching around:

[​IMG]

Here is my handsome Sebright mix boy Pepsi. I love this pose because I caught him in midstep and he looks like he's dancing:

[​IMG]

Here is my handsome Silkie boy Hector. He stopped and let me get a picture of him. He is such a sweet boy!:

[​IMG]

Here is my daughter holding our Cuckoo Maran boy Mystery. He's a BIG boy, isn't he?:

[​IMG]

Here is my girl Sir. For a long time we thought she was a boy. We were wrong, but by the time we figured it out, the name had stuck, and she answers to it. Isn't she beautiful?:

[​IMG]

Here is one of Araucauna girls, Sprinkle. She stopped dead in her tracks when I called her name and looked dead on at the camera. She's suppose to be purebred. Anyone think she is? She's suppose to lay blue eggs. She has a sister, Twinkle. Both are skittish but very gentle.:

[​IMG]

Here are some of my Bantam Buff Orington boys sunbathing. A RIR boy tried to get in on the deal too, lol:

[​IMG]

And lastly, here is my handsome boy Abner. He's my Bantam Splash Cochin rooster. In the Spring I'll be selling his eggs. I think he is gorgeous:

[​IMG]

That's just a few of the 300+ pics I took yesterday. I hope everyone enjoys these!

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    You have a lovely flock.

3. chicken_china_mom

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Thank you very much. I love each and every one of their little feathered butts!

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I know what you mean! I am so attached to mine it's ridiculous!

I just got my little niece a silky for her birthday-are they as loveable as they look? She is young and I want her to have a "lap chicken".

5. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Your chickens (and daughter) are very beautiful! I love Sir and Pepsi.

6. FLQuailChick

FLQuailChick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2009
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Great pics!

7. chicken_china_mom

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Quote:Mine aren't snuggle bugs but they are gentle and they don't run when we're near them like some chickens do. Maybe that's cause of all the fluff covering their eyes? Lol. But I have 3 and they are all sweethearts. Hector tolerates the snuggling more than the girls do, but generally the boys just do. But I love them and want more in other colors. I love the white but they are soooooooo hard to keep clean!

8. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Aww, those are terrific pics! That bantam cochin rooster in the last pic is really neat coloring. [​IMG]

9. chicken_china_mom

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Here are a few more pics:

Here is my 10 yr old DD with one of the Mottled Cochins we got from ShellyD at the Indianapolis Chickenstock on August 1st. They are such wonderfully sweet birds. This here is the hen, Pebbles:

[​IMG]

Here is another pic of my boy Abner and my little Frizzle Cochin pullet Q-Tip. Q-Tip needs a bath, I know...:

[​IMG]

This is Dora, one of our Bantam Splash Cochin hens:

[​IMG]

Here is my Turken boy Ollie. I thought he was so ugly when we first got him, but he has grown on me. I think he's a good looking guy now. As far as Turkens go that is!:

[​IMG]

And here is one of my two Silkie hens. It's most likely Holly, but it could be Heidi [​IMG] I'll be selling Silkie eggs come Spring too as well as other Cochin colors like White, Mottled, Barred, and some Frizzle mixes:

[​IMG]

10. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    What a great bunch of pictures. I love your Mystery what a great looking boy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by