Here are my new girls :D & a few pics of my other chickens (:

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Jacklynn, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Jacklynn

Jacklynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Here are some pics from last night, it was dark, the only thing lighting these pics was the flash on my camera, I couldn't see, haha.
    The partridge colored ones are the new hens, they are Bantam Cochin/Silkie crosses & the barred one is my rooster, they aren't getting along, so he is now locked up:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are some pics from today, after my massive shed cleanout. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If looks could kill...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The roo who is not happy about being in a cage...
    [​IMG]

Inside the shed... I have bunnies too. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

& my mom who didn't really want chickens brought home this baby...
    [​IMG]
    A little black Silkie, not sure if it's a hen or a roo. My mom loves it either way. Haha.
    [​IMG]

2. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Beautiful girls!

3. Jacklynn

Quote:Thank you ! [​IMG]

4. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    So cute!! I love the POOFY heads!!

[​IMG]

5. stuckinthecity

stuckinthecity Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    Those silkie crosses have beautiful colors!
    ETA: Sorry about that, didn't even finished reading to see what they were crossed with bc I loved their colors so much. lol

Are they good setters?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  6. Jacklynn

Quote:Thank you everyone ! [​IMG]

What is a setter? :O haha. Sorry, I'm new to chickens [​IMG]

I think we should make a new breed. A Silkie Bantam Cochin mix. They should have the Bantam Cochin body type, with the fluffy heads. Haha.

7. stuckinthecity

stuckinthecity Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    Well, I'd take 20 of your little partridge colored hens! I'd love it if they were a breed I could buy! lol
    And, setter, as in when a hen sets on eggs to hatch. Since they're two broody breeds combined, I'm sure you'll have some broody hens in the spring! [​IMG]

8. RainbowBirds_of_a_Feather

RainbowBirds_of_a_Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    Maui
    Aloha,

Your birds look beautiful and yes that"if looks could kill' hen shocked me she seems very intimidating [​IMG] but they are very unique and beautiful. Your roo looks young and I can see why they want to have a confrontation with him. But they will get along in time just have to keep them in visual sight until the hens get used to him and visa verse. Having supervised visits to see if it is all the hens or just one that want to pick a fight and visa verse.

9. oconnorfamily25

oconnorfamily25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    you'll be able to tell if the black silkie is a boy or girl by feeling his/her spur buds. from the picture it looks like a boy, it's got the roo face.

also, a funny new breed name would be 'Cochies' combo of silkies and cochins [​IMG]

10. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

awww! So cute [​IMG] I have a silkie/cochin cross that looks just like yours. His name is wild thing. Lol.
    [​IMG]
    The one on the left is him,and the one on the right is his half brother.
    And a sitter is a hen who sits on eggs and tries to hatch them. Cochins are said to be some of the best sitters,but I have a few good serama sitters.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by