1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Here are my Peafowl Pics

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Yoda, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Yoda

Yoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    Hi Everyone! We finished most of the "poultry shed" [​IMG] just need to put the shingles, siding, insulation and heater in. I have my 4 silkies (so far) in with the all the peas. [​IMG] They seem to be much more calmer in the shed where I can touch them without them freakin out LOL. [​IMG] Well here's the pics let me know what you think [​IMG]

This is Aries my BS Peacock, he will be 2 this spring. Never was able to get this close to him before:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

These are the ladies from ChickenAnnie. I went down to Pa to pick them up on Sunday 11/7. Was nice to meet you Annie and your Dad too! These ladies settled in very nicely. They have yellow tint from being fed corn. I named them Xena and Gabrielle. Xena is the one on the left, they will have bands on then to tell each apart [​IMG] Aries finally has his Xena LOL [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Here are the youngins' These guys are my babies, they come running to me when I enter the shed LOL and the last pics are of my nosey Silkies [​IMG] I will be bringing my Giant Cochin chicks tomorrow to put in there as well. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This is a picture of me leaving the shed so you can get a feel of how big it is. I have to put in the dead blot tomorrow, but for now there is a piece of paper in the hole to block any drafts. It's 8x14 and about 12 feet high [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Beautiful, FUN, birds!

Congrats.

3. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    Awesome looking birds. How I long for Peafowl. The first on my list are going to Midnight Blackshoulder.

4. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Nice looking birds and AWESOME shed! they will really enjoy that!

5. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. LMEggs

LMEggs Show Me Feathers Poultry CO

May 4, 2008
    HAHA love the names! I still watch Xena all the time I have the whole series!

7. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Hi Yoda,
    The white peahens look like they're enjoying their new perch! Thanks for sharing the pics (I sent them to my dad so he can see their new house). Are they still behaving themselves? Are they eating their greens like good girls? [​IMG]

8. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    oh, and are they getting along with their new bird-friends?

9. Yoda

Yoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    Thanks everyone! Yes they are good birds, a little scared but still not bad LOL! They do not freak out when I go inside. The silkies come running to me and a couple of the yoounger white ones and "Jackson" the cameo do too [​IMG] I put greens in and everyone seems to eat them LOL They also get peas and carrots too! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by