Here are my sweet 4 week old peeps!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Michelelyl, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Michelelyl

Michelelyl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2012
    I thought I'd show some pictures of the girls at 4 weeks...I had a hard time finding pictures at the different stages- I could only find newborns or older chickens, so I've been taking lots of pictures of them. One is 1 day old chicks in their muck bucket brooder, one picture is of the peeps at 2 weeks old in their 'chick corral' brooder and the other one is at 4 weeks old with a double chick corral. Huge difference in feathers and size!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have five chicks- Lil Rhody is the Rhode Island Red, Squirt is the Light Brahma with the booties, Moa is the Ameraucana, Foggy is the Leghorn and Bo is the Plymouth Barred. [​IMG]
    this one is Bo!
    [​IMG]
    This one is Squirt!

2. CarolinaASTchic

CarolinaASTchic Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2012
    North Carolina
    Too cute! We have our first set of chicks now at 2 weeks old. Nice to see the different stages and love your set up for the older babies! I am soo wanting a brahma...the boots are so cute!

3. Madjohn85

Madjohn85 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2012
    Central Jersey
    Oh aren't they cute?? Ours are going to be 5 weeks come monday. I CANNOT believe the difference very.single.week. makes as I take their pictures. I feel like they are going through their awkward adolescent stage now. They are still funny as all get out. lol

4. Michelelyl

Michelelyl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2012
    Thanks! We wanted to make sure they had room to grow, so we bought two chick corrals and every couple of weeks we add another two panels. My husband made the light fixture with different levels for the heat lamp. The chicks will stay in our office for a couple more weeks- then we'll move them out to the garage for two weeks before they go outside. It's still snowing here (got 3 more inches this morning and still snowing!) so we wanted to make sure they were protected and acclimated to our crazy weather. They also dearly love the Babycakes hanging thingee...it's formulated for chicks to peck at instead of each other :) It's sort of like a FlockBlock, but with ingredients specifically for peeps.
    My Brahma, Squirt, is the smartest one of the bunch! She actually knows her name and always looks up at me, even when I just stick my head in the room to check on them. She is also the only one not afraid of the dogs. My German Shepherd LOVES to watch the chicks...the Yorkies just want to chase them! We'll have to work a little harder with the Yorkies, I think!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Aeropennchick

Aeropennchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Southern PA
    I have been using a squirt bottle with a few tsps of ACV in it as a dog deterrent for my hound dog - it has been working well! Your chicks are beautiful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by