Here are some more pics of Otis our Basenji pup

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by kycklingmamma, May 3, 2009.

1. kycklingmamma

kycklingmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

I just wanted to share some more pictures of my new love Otis. He is our 4 month old Basenji pup and he is absolutely lovely. He just got to meet the chickens the other day and he does not know what to think of them...almost a little scared...funny..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy, Kycklingmamma

2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Awww! He is such a handsome little boy!

3. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Great pictures! He looks very happy. [​IMG]

4. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    I had a basenji years ago. Gotta say they are so smart they are kind of scary. The little wheels in their head are always turning. My basenji climbed trees by the way and I have since learned that its pretty common for the breed to do that. Have fun with your new pup!

5. kycklingmamma

So far so good, but we know that will change. The breed is very smart and playful. They say it is like having a three year old in a dogs body...yikes. We will see. There is a reason this is one of the oldest breeds known to man, they have survived thousands of years on the African Continent, by being smart...
    kycklingmamma

6. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Wow! He is very handsome! [​IMG] When I was growing up, the lady who lived behind me raised and showed basenjis. Hers were red and white. They were very smart and agile. She had to modify her fence to keep them in. I especially liked to hear them yodel. Good luck with your boy!

Lisa [​IMG]

7. kycklingmamma

Lisa, I have yet to hear him yodel, but I am dying to hear it. He dous his really gutteral ROOOO when he is crated and doesn't want to be crated, but no yodeling yet...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by