Here goes nothing

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by P-Funk, Jun 7, 2011.

1. P-Funk

P-Funk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    The little peepers hit 11 weeks old today. The big girls have been locked out of their stall/run for 5 weeks now. I moved their nesting box, food, and water back into the stall this morning. They've had the rest of the barn to run around in at night and free range all day. I've heard not to intervene unless there is blood involved. The doors are all open. This ought to be good. I'm open for any advice. Thanking you in advance, Preston.

2. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to the worring phase of having young birds. Is the building secure from predators? They won't need their nesting boxes really, it's time to learn about roosting (it's safer for them) Set up their roost and maybe consider a ladder to help them learn to use it. It won't be long till they won't sleep anywhere else. Have fun

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Good luck and have fun!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. P-Funk

P-Funk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    Thanks. The nesting box is for the big girls, though they seem to be having a problem finding it. There's a cat carrier in the stall in case the peepers need a place to hide. The fighting has been ALMOST non-existent. Their stall and run are completely covered with 2x4 fencing on all sides. Nothing bigger than a squirrel can get in there. So far so good [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by